Friday, June 29, 2012

Fond Farewell!

This will be my final posting as a Design Team Coordinator/Member of Kaboodle Doodles.  I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you - current dt members, former dt members and challenge participants for being so wonderfully supportive of this challenge blog.  I came on board as a guest designer with Challenge #3 on March 1, 2009 and here we are in June, 2012 at Challenge #125!

It has been a grand adventure indeed and I have met and worked with so very many talented people through the years.  I have made wonderful friends and will continue to visit and support them all as I move forward.  I am not giving up crafting - heaven forbid - but I will be going back to my roots in clay and fiber as well as continuing to work with paper.  Retirement is looming and with that will mean much more time spent aboard our beloved Belmira, cruising the oceans and waterways and enjoying life at sea.  You can follow our adventures on my blog Mudmaven Designs and dh's blog Sailing Belmira.

I look forward to participating in future challenges here at Kaboodle Doodles and also look forward to seeing all of the wonderful creations by the design team and by the super talented challenge participants.  I wish the new team the best of luck and hope that you will continue to support their efforts by playing along in the fun challenges presented here on Kaboodle Doodles.  Don't you just love the new blog design that Kath has created?  She just jumped right in with both feet and hit the ground running!

Remember, Kaboodle Doodles is currently looking for some new design team members.  Please see Kath's post HERE for more details.

Thanks again for all the wonderful memories and I'll see you all out there in the blogisphere!

~chris
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Christine Pereira
Mudmaven Designs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams

5 comments:

Wendy L said...

Well done. xxx
Enjoy your boat and retirement. xxx

Tonya said...

Enjoy retirement. :o) I would love to sail the sea. Best of luck on your new adventures.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Enjoy your retirement Chris and thanks for giving me the opportunity all that time ago as my first DT post. xx

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

You have given me the opportunity of the lifetime in my crafting endeavour with my 1st DT post with you here in Kaboodle Doodles, Chris. For that, I'm thankful to you and KD. That's the reason why I'm putting my efforts and time in KD picking up from where you've left in running this challenge blog.

I found this hobby as an avenue to channel my energies after my retirement from corporate world at a young age. And now, I'm wishing you well as well to enjoy your retirement with your hubby setting sail across the oceans. Nothing beats returning to family and your loved ones. I still have half of my lifetime to spend with everyone & I'm sharing this time with everyone in the crafting hobby.

Again, thanks for everything. Kudos to you Chris!

Cheryl said...

We'll miss you very much, Chris!! Have a wonderful retirement and enjoy life!! Hugs