Sunday, January 17, 2010

And this is me

Hi everyone
My name is Marianne and I'm pleased to say that the sun is shining here today. I have been married to my lovely husband, Graham, since I was 18, which is quite a while ago now, lol! We live in Norwich which is in East Anglia, England. I work 30 hours per week as an HR Manager for the local authority.

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved to make things. I used to have a box of felt, toilet roll middles, old thread bobbins and anything else I could find. Goodness knows what treasures I used to make but I've come a long way since then. I moved on to embroidery and patchwork and once made a patchwork double duvet cover, all hand stitched. I embroidered cushion covers and then moved on to cross stitch.

In May 2006 I bought my first cardmaking items as I thought I would like to try this as a new hobby. Little did I realise where this would lead me. I sat at the table with some peel offs and handmade paper and had no idea where to start. Looking back at those cards I made I can see how very far I have come.

My friend Lynsey kept pestering me to start a blog which I didn't think was for me. However when I started looking at some of the work in blogland I realised how much fantastic work there is out there and how much fun it looked. Well I wasn't wrong. I started my blog in June 2009 and that's when I discovered that blogging is as addictive as cardmaking. I have learnt so much in that short time and I feel my work has really improved.

I have been lucky enough to have been a guest DT for a few challenges but this is my first DT spot. I am so grateful to the lovely girls here for giving me this opportunity. I'm feeling very excited but slightly daunted too. I hope my lovely followers will be joining me in the challenges here and I look forward to seeing your new creations and commenting on your work.

Marianne x

3 comments:

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
So great to see you part of a DT! This is very well deserved.
Hugs Lynsey x

pinky said...

Well done Marianne, you will definitely enjoy it.
Pinky

Jo said...

Good luck Mariannne

Jo x