Thursday, June 25, 2009

Meet Design Team Member: Ann



Happy Friday to everyone! I know some of you are as ready for the weekend as I am! Whether it is to catch up on some crafting, do something outdoorsy, or just get some rest and relaxation, I hope that you have a great one. Now, on to my short bio.

My name is Ann and I’m one of the three lucky ladies who’s fortunate enough (despite tough competition) to be chosen by Chris as part of your new Kaboodle Doodle design team. You’ve already met Linda and on Sunday you’ll be meeting Angie! Some of you might have seen me around in other challenge blogs (I usually use “raindropecho” instead of “Ann” because there are just too many of us), but I’m here today not to share a card, but to share a little about myself.

I’m 25 years old, turning 26 in October. I currently live in Los Angeles county in Southern California with my boyfriend and our three dogs. Our dogs are our kids, for now. I have more scrapbooking embellishments about dogs than I do about anything else, and I’m not ashamed of it. Although I don’t think of myself as a pet parent, I often catch myself talking to my dogs when I’m alone and making cards. Some of you might think that’s weird, but I know others are thinking, “Hey, I do the same thing!”

A little bit about my crafting: I’m a scrapbooker at heart, try to paint when I get the nerve (and when I don’t mind cleaning up the mess), alter objects when I get inspired, but currently very addicted to making cards and collecting stamps. I’ve only really been cardmaking since May this year, but I love getting to use my scraps. I love all types of stamps (clear, rubber, cute, classy, etc.) and my style varies.

I graduated in 2006 from UCLA (go Bruins) with my Bachelor’s in Physiological Science. I love the logic that science provides because it just clicks for me. I love facts and proving theories. I was “forced” to take a permanent vacation from my job due to the horrible economy, but I’ve found a pick-me-up in creating cards and in art. It’s been nice to take a break because it has allowed me to take some time to get in touch with my creative side. I’m inspired by nature, by loved ones, by life, by all crafters and I hope I can do the same for others.

Well, that’s a little about me! I hope that you come back on Sunday for Angie’s bio and if you missed Linda’s, check below. Make sure to check on Monday for Challenge #8 and to see who won the paper kindly donated by Chris!

- AnnV

No comments: